Tuesday, May 20, 2014

American River Bike Trail

I just wanted to take a moment to recognize how lucky we are in Sacramento to have access to such a beautiful place to ride our bikes. 32 miles from Discovery Park to Folsom Lake. Even though we're in a city, we have a place that is close (only a mile from me!) to ride and run away from the craziness of life. While I was gone, we even got these awesome bike stations for any emergency repairs. My bike is modeling this really cool service station.


I love being outside and seeing nature. Coyote, deer, rattle snakes, turtles, etc. are always around on the trails. I enjoy seeing creatures in their natural habitat (including the athletes).

I love being able to go for a weekend ride and seeing my teammates and friends out on random parts of the trail. We're all out their working hard and it's always great to see a smiling face.

And of course there's the cyclist dude who is always out cheering everyone on and ringing his cowbell! He always dresses up for holidays-Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. I think it's awesome that he loves being out there.

Don't forget about safety: bikes on the right (pass on the left and always let the person know), pedestrians on the left.

I'm glad to be back on the trail. See you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment