Monday, April 28, 2014

Race Week

Race week is here! It's time to let the body rest and recover for race day. Let your mind focus on the upcoming task at hand. Knowing that you are capable of training longer or faster, but that you don't have to for this week is a great feeling.

Confidence. The training is done. Trust yourself. Wildflower is going to be an unpredictable race. You know what you have to do to get through the race, but be prepared for the curveballs. Remain calm. Keep going. Last year the air temperature dropped 20-30 degrees from the long course to the Olympic Distance. The water temperature went from 72 to 68 with the weather change. That's the nature of this race. You don't know what to expect. Just be ready for anything. Also, we already know that the course is changing due to the drought. We're getting out of the swim and starting a 2.2 mile run! Visualize what that involves. Know what gear to pack and which transition to take each item to.

This is my first race of the 2014 season and also my first race in the big kid age group (25-29). I'm excited to see what this race and what this season has in store. I didn't exactly have the training that I thought I was going to due to an injury, but I have recently had PR's during training, so I am ready to go!

See you at the lake!

Thank you to my sponsor Gu Energy Labs and my coach and teammates at Total Intensity Sports and my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment